Benefits of e-Learning
e-Learning has substantial benefits and offers unique opportunities for people who might otherwise have limited access to education and training. It incorporates innovative and creative approaches to instruction and provides unprecedented access to resources and information. Online training in India has been accepted medium of training by corporate world due to direct benefit of e-learning.
• e-Learning is student centered. The learner is the core of any e-Learning system. Materials and activities are designed with the needs and interests of the learner in mind. Students assume control of their learning experience and use it to suit their own specific needs. Online studies have positive impact on learner’s experience
• e-Learning is self-directed and self-paced. Learners control the amount of time they spend on any particular topic. This allows learners to spend additional time on difficult items before moving on or to skip material they already understand. This “individualized” approach usually allows learners to complete their education and training faster than in traditional courses. Online certification courses in India have emerged as desired mode of continues learning
• e-Learning is interactive and hands-on. The use of a variety of multimedia in e-Learning increases student involvement and reinforces the learning experience. This leads to increased retention and a stronger grasp of the subject at hand.
• e-Learning is flexible. Learning can take place anytime and anywhere, as long as the necessary equipment is accessible. The logistics and expense of face-to-face education and training can be extremely limiting when students are separated by distance. e-Learning also allows physically or otherwise challenged students to more fully participate. Online training in India has become part of learning curve.
• e-Learning provides consistent and effective training. All of the target learners can participate simultaneously and receive the same information, reducing the variability introduced through multiple sessions in different locations.
Online learning courses, or e-learning, offers a number of advantages for people and companies looking to develop a new content program or curricula — none bigger than the ability to offer that training anywhere, anytime. That means whether your trainees are all together in a classroom or scattered all over the country in different time zones, they can still tap into the same course materials, and at a time that’s convenient to them.
Small wonder, then, why online and e-learning has caught on with schools and universities, retail chains, top corporations, and among professional trainers. Teachers can optimize the timeliness and focus of the curriculum, students can better fit learning time into their schedules, and companies end up spending less on training their workforce.
But those are just some of the benefits of online learning. Here are some others:
• Simple, Flexible Logistics: After location, time is the greatest limitation on learning. That goes for both the instructors and the students, each of whom has to be both available and in alignment with the other for face-to-face instruction. By removing that requirement, everyone involved can participate at a time, and for a duration, that suits his or her schedules.
• Immediate Results and Feedback: Anyone who has graded papers knows it can get tedious, and it’s time-consuming. Many of the most popular standardized tests, in fact, still rely on evaluation techniques that slow results. Most online learning technologies integrate online quizzes and other tools to more rapidly evaluate the pace of learning.
• Better Retention: With clever design, user experience, and multimedia, online instruction can prove to be a richer and more effective learning experience than traditional methods and channels.
• Greater Access to Expertise: In any country, there are only a handful of cities that can claim among their residents the experts in every field of study. Take away the limitations of geography, and expertise is free to travel almost anywhere. This transformation allows information on highly specialized subjects to reach more people, paving the way for advances in fields from telemedicine to non-profit charities.
A Better Fit for 21st-Century Businesses: As companies become more globally focused, co-workers are more likely to work in different places, if not on different continents. Online learning can help prepare employees to excel in today’s scattered, virtual office. For those
• Online learning is a still a relatively young industry, promising a rich future of breakthroughs. New models of teaching are already emerging that have the potential to take online learning to even greater accomplishments.